Ayurveda has deep historical roots in the Indian subcontinent, which has proven some miracle effects in today’s world. Khadirarishta is one of that ayurvedic formulation which is prepared using ancient ayurvedic fermentation technique.
It has an intense effect on blood, skin, and intestine. Khadirarishta works by purifying the blood and works as an anti-bacterial medicine. It helps in eliminating the toxins and microorganism filled up in the body.
Not only this but also it helps in improving the digestion system, curing the pimples or acne on the skin and some other skin related problems like cysts.
The ingredients used in preparing this medicine are Innamomum Tamala, Mesua Ferrea, Acacia Catechu, Psoralea Corylifolia, Berberis Aristata, Piper Cubeba, Three Myrobalans, Cedrus Deodara, Honey and Piper Longum.
Medical properties of khadirarishta
- Aam Pachak (Detoxifier)
- Digestive Stimulant
- Blood purifier
These all-medical properties mentioned above are according to Ayurveda and generally works in disease occurring due to dominance of VATA, KAPHA, AMA and some other conditions.
Mechanism of Action
It tries to reduce the dominance of VATA, KAPHA, AMA. The mechanism of action includes:
- This ayurvedic medicine reduces AMA by digesting it and eliminating it. This also stops producing toxic material in the body and their accumulation in the intestine, thus protecting the intestine’s damage. Hence, it also reduces the absorption of toxic material into the blood. Thus, the body gets prevented from the disease occurring from harmful toxic material.
- The next mechanism of action involves its direct action on the blood, detoxification of the blood and digestion of AMA in the blood which gest excreted via kidneys.
- The most crucial action involves its antipruritic property, which is there due to some ingredients’ antihistamine action.
Primarily, Khadirarishta is beneficial for skin diseases and blood disorders. It works effectively on symptoms like itching, rashes and sensitive skin. Some of the indications are:
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Intestinal worms
- Skin Allergies
Along with above, it is useful in treating spleen enlargement, liver disorders, anaemia, tumours, cysts under the skin, heart diseases and cough troubles.
Benefits & Medical Uses
The formation of AMA blocks micro-channels in the body, which further results in plaque formation in the blood vessels & poor nutrition to the skin tissues. Hence, it results in numerous skin disorders. It also reduces itching in almost all skin types.
Khadirarishta is very much effective in acne with white or pus-filled lumps, cystic lesions, closed and open plugged pores. It is likely to be helpful in acnes with tender and red bumps.
It stops the bacterial growth and action in acne and enhances the healing process. Its regular use can purify the blood, reduce toxin production, and inhibit bacterial action, which eventually prevents acne. Additionally, it controls excess oil production. Excess oil production is an indication of excess KAPHA, which is controlled by Khadirarishta.
Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
Khadirarishta is useful when a patient has below symptoms:
- Leakage of fluid from the skin
- Patches colour
- Scaly skin
Purification of blood
This tonic contains blood purifying properties that help treat all types of skin conditions and chronic skin diseases like leukoderma, leprosy, herpes, psoriasis, etc. The main ingredient of this medicine helps in treating skin diseases. Click here to read my another article on Chandi Bhasam, which is an amazing ayurvedic product.
Antimicrobial and Antioxidant
This is an ayurvedic medicine that reduces microorganisms’ growth by killing them, protecting the body from several diseases and harmful bacteria. It also acts as an antioxidant that helps remove the harmful free radicals from your body, lowering the risk of infections and keeping your metabolism controlled.
Health benefits associated with Khadirarishta
Resolves respiratory problems
It helps treat respiratory problems like asthma, cold and is also useful in relieving symptoms such as narrowing of airways, bronchial congestion, shortness of breath etc.
Sustains Good Digestive Health
This medicine acts as a laxative and helps in treating constipation as it enables softening of stools. Not only this but also it proves to be very effective in eliminating intestinal tapeworms, roundworms die to its anthelmintic properties.
Treats Liver Disorders
It cleans all types of toxins and cleanses the liver by removing harmful toxins. It is very much helpful in the treatment of jaundice and splenomegaly. Also, it protects the liver from alcohol’s harmful effect on the liver and free radicals preventing liver cirrhosis and liver carcinoma.
- Treat all types of skin diseases and skin allergies.
- Helps in purifying blood and detoxifying body
- Helps in improving digestion and liver function
- Relieves in internal worms & worm infestation
- Helps to lower triglyceride &improve HDL
- Helps in reducing LDL and cholesterol level
- Act as heart tonic & good in diabetes and obesity
- Useful in treating gout, asthma and cough
- Improves immunity and complexion
This medicine works as a supporting medicine to treat liver diseases like jaundice, anaemia, splenomegaly and hepatomegaly. Not only this but also it helps to cleanse and protect the liver from toxins and improves the functioning of the liver. It helps lower the level of triglycerides and cholesterol, improves HDL activity, and acts as an excellent heart tonic. It also acts as a good supplement for obesity and type 2 diseases.
Common Dosage of Khadirarishta
The dosage of Khadirarishta depends on the following factors:
- The reaction of the body to the first dose
- History of drug reaction of the body
- The severity of disease in the body
- Medical history of the patient
If the symptoms get into a worse condition, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Commonly it is advised to consume the medicine with Luke warm water and quantity mentioned below according to different age factors:
- Dosage for Old Age Person: 2-4 tablespoon (10-20ml)
- For Adults: 2-4 tablespoon (10-20ml)
- Dosage for Children: 1-2 tablespoon (1-2ml)
- Overdose: In case the patient overdoses the medicine, it is advisable to seek immediate medical assistance. Overdose of any drug leads to some side effects.
Khadirarishta is likely to be safe without any major side effects if taken in above-mentioned quantity or as mentioned by the drug specialist or doctor.
Pregnancy & Lactation
- Pregnant women should take medical assistance from a doctor before consuming the medicine.
- Lactating mothers can consume this medicine, but they should do it under an ayurvedic physician’s supervision.
Kids can use it for skin problems but only under the supervision of some expert. To check out the best skincare products for your kid, click here.
Precautions while using Khadirarishta
Patients consuming this medicine should note the following precautions before consuming the dose:
- It is not recommended for pregnant women, women who are planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding mothers.
- If the patient consuming this medicine is allergic to any of the ingredients present in the medicine, they should first consult with their doctor to prevent any side effect.
- The patient should refrain from consuming alcohol while taking Khadirarishta.
But if taken in excess or overdosed then everything has a bad effect on the body. The common side effect of this ayurvedic medicine is burning sensation or heartburn feeling. It commonly appears when the medicine is taken without water. Some common side effects include:
- Irritation and Burning sensation: It causes mild irritation and a sensation of burning on the human body’s skin if consumed in quantity more than the required one. This can be avoided by not consuming the dose after meals.
- Gastritis Discomfort & Heartburn: It may lead to Gastritis discomfort and heartburn if taken in excess quantities than needed ones.
Various Brands of Khadirarishta
Baidyanath Khadirarishta – 450 ml
Baidyanath had been providing one of the finest and purest ayurvedic products. This product has been marked as 4/5 stars on Amazon and is a potent digestive booster. It can help to treat chronic skin diseases like leprosy & is likely to stop bacteria growth in acne and intensifies healing.
Kerala Ayurveda Khadirarishta 435 ml
This is another good and quality product with trusted reviews and decent rating of 4/5 star on Amazon. The product is extremely beneficial and has proven effects on the skin, and it also detoxifies the blood.
Dabur Khadirarishta 450 ml
Dabur is one of the most trusted brands for Indian market manufacturing ample of products every year. This product has all quality and safety approvals. This product comes with good reviews and is effective ayurvedic syrup in treating all types of skin-related diseases, pimples, boils & worms, acne, infection etc.
Ayurveda Therapies Khadirarishta 450ML
This product from Ayurveda Therapies is beneficial in skin diseases, intestinal worms, blood disorders, splenomegaly, wounds, tumors, urticaria, gout, herpes, etc. The main effect of the product is observed on blood, skin and intestine.
Basic Ayurveda Khadirarishta 450ML
This product from Basic Ayurveda keeps your skin healthy and improves pigmentation. It is beneficial for skin diseases such as pimples, acne, scars, eczema, leucoderma, scabies, dark spots, pruritis, pustules, etc. It also provides you with even-toned skin and boosts your immune system.
Ayurvedic medicines had been consecutively proven to be effective with minor or very fewer side effects but with a wide and drastic positive effect. This ayurvedic medicine is an authentic fermented herbal formulation of various herbs, detoxifying the blood and acting as a skin tonic. This medicine also helps in treating any pimples or acne or any skin allergies. This medicine is extremely effective in the treatment of Chronic Ulcers, Wounds and infected pustules. Not only this but also it contains digestive and pitta pacifying action. It effectively treats the skin and the blood infections and removes toxins from the blood, making the skin look brighter and cleaner.